Quite simply, our job was to work extremely closely with VMware to help make VMworld – one of the largest IT events in Europe – a huge success. We were tasked with driving attendees and engaging them onsite, curating a brilliant experience for journalists and delivering high-impact coverage.
We brought together many disparate strands into one tightly integrated, innovative programme. We ran a multi-channel paid and organic social campaign; built a chatbot; carefully designed a bespoke schedule and package of stories for each journalist plus arranged 200+ press briefings and several roundtables; produced a hugely popular breakout session with Brian Cox and ensured the customers’ stories ran through everything, including building a large, interactive Global Impact Screen.
2018 was the biggest and best VMworld yet, and we played a significant part in it, delivering:
- 250+ press articles to date, including 200+ press and analyst interviews
- Estimated 600 registrations through our social programme
- Almost 22k social mentions and 300k+ engagements
- 20x customers appeared on VMware’s Global Impact Screen, displayed in both customer and media lounges
- A bursting at the seams breakout session