This website is operated by Brands2Life Limited.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with
Who we are
Brands2Life Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
What information we collect
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, email address, job title, telephone number,) that you provide to us when you interact with us. For example, when you contact us, send us feedback, apply for a job, post material to our website, download material from our website, fill out contact forms, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
Information we collect automatically
Our site also collects certain information automatically (such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system).
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our Services; or
- it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process personal data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of monitoring job applications, customer and supplier relationships, sales and prospective sales and to provide historical reference for prospects, sales, support requests etc.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services] and to help us better understand our website visitor AND/OR customer requirements and interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Description of cookies
Cookies generally fall into the following categories:
Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of each browsing session, typically when the web browser is closed.
Persistent cookies remain until the expiry date and time set by the web server. They can be manually deleted by the user
1st party cookies originate from the same domain as the website being visited, in this case brands2life.com
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Duration||Owner||Purpose for cookie|
|PHPSESSIONID||Session||Brands2Life||Preserves user session state across page requests.|
|lang||Session||cdn.syndication.twimg.com||Remembers the user’s selected language version of a website|
|utm.gif||Session||Google-analytcs.com||Google Analytics Tracking Code that logs details about the visitor’s browser and computer.|
|Utma||2 years||Brands2life.com||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics.|
|Utmb||Session||Brands2life.com||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.|
|utmc||Session||Brands2life.com||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.|
|utmt||Session||Brands2life.com||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.|
|utmz||6 months||Brands2life.com||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.|
|csrftoken||6 months||Instagram.com||Helps prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.|
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- cidentify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- processing job applications;
- carry out our obligations arising from contracts between us (including processing orders, invoicing, providing support);
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services; and
- to contact you in the eventuality that you have entered any competitions etc.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) about our services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Brands2Life Inc., one of our group companies, may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We may send B2B marketing emails to you as a business contact where we believe we have legitimate interests for doing so. When we do so, we will communicate the legitimate interests to you. Such emails will always give the option to opt-out from future communications.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above;
- if we sell our business, in which case, customer and user information will be a transferred asset; and
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you; and
- we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (for example to our offices in the United States and to suppliers such as Salesforce). We will only do this if appropriate safeguards are place in accordance with data protection legislation.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
What rights do you have?
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
- find out how we process your data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- if we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
- if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you. Once we have received the fee (if required) and verified your identity we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month.
- lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to
- allow us to investigate and resolve the matter as appropriate.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to privacy(at)brands2life.com or write to us at Brands2Life, The Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU. or call us on +44 (0)207 5921200